Here's the cover in all it's glory! I made it totally different than the directions said. Instead of just 2 sheets of felt stuck together with grommets in them, I used black denim. There's two long sheets of denim (that I did the appliqué on) that I sewed right sides together, then turned right side out and topstitched around the edges.
When I finished the pages, I put in the grommets and held them together with binder rings. On the cover, I sewed a strip of black gross-grain ribbon down the middle, leaving gaps to insert the binder rings. Then I just clipped in the rings!
Here's the last page that I never did show a picture of. The End. Finally!
On the inside of the back cover, I stitched in my initials and the year I finished it. My grandmother used to do this on most of the things she finished. That way some day when my great-grandkids are playing with this they'll know who made it.
Upon finishing this, there's definitely something I would do different next time. I wouldn't make the pages out of felt. I would do them out of muslin, like my gramma did in my old books. I'm really nervous that the felt won't hold up well. To help stave that off, I added interfacing in between the pages, but that makes them extra bulky. I think muslin pages would make the whole book more compact (not to mention it would be cheaper!).
& oh! The wheels are turning for the next book already! Stay tuned! And maybe it won't take a whole year for the next one ;)