My parents came to visit last week and my mom decided to help things along a bit. She gave me a little nudge to make a new valence for the window and some pillowcases for the little pillow on the bed.
The previous valence was celery green on top with a border of white with green polkadots on the bottom. I didn't quite measure right (go figure) and the valence just went straight across, it didn't wrap around the the brackets. Oops. We originally wanted to use denim and a bandana print, but of course couldn't find it. The next best thing we could find was a red and white check. Turns out, it's perfect!
There's a basic white roller shade underneath with a scalloped edge. I think it gives the window a little extra character. I also love the ric-rac edging :)
When we converted Rowan's crib to a bed, I pulled out the little pillow I had used when I was his age. Of course, it had a rather girly cover. So this seemed to be a good opportunity to make a new one since I had extra fabric. I even had enough to make two!
I think they're very farm and go with the tractor theme nicely :) Rowan really couldn't care one way or the other, but I feel better now that his room is a little more matchy.
My parents also helped do a few things in my craft room. I've got a few more touches to do, and then I'll do a post on that!