Friday, July 26, 2013

Revamping the Baby Room Pt 2

So you remember from a previous post that I've been "growing" up my little boy's room.  Out goes Winnie the Pooh and here come the tractors!

My parents came to visit last week and my mom decided to help things along a bit.  She gave me a little nudge to make a new valence for the window and some pillowcases for the little pillow on the bed.

The previous valence was celery green on top with a border of white with green polkadots on the bottom.  I didn't quite measure right (go figure) and the valence just went straight across, it didn't wrap around the the brackets.  Oops.  We originally wanted to use denim and a bandana print, but of course couldn't find it.  The next best thing we could find was a red and white check.  Turns out, it's perfect!





There's a basic white roller shade underneath with a scalloped edge.  I think it gives the window a little extra character.  I also love the ric-rac edging :)

When we converted Rowan's crib to a bed, I pulled out the little pillow I had used when I was his age.  Of course, it had a rather girly cover.  So this seemed to be a good opportunity to make a new one since I had extra fabric.  I even had enough to make two!




I think they're very farm and go with the tractor theme nicely :)  Rowan really couldn't care one way or the other, but I feel better now that his room is a little more matchy.  

My parents also helped do a few things in my craft room.  I've got a few more touches to do, and then I'll do a post on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment