Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Happy Han

Here's yet another installment in my Star Wars quiet book.  You know, it's been about 10 months since I first started this project.  Yikes!  But it's going to be ridiculously awesome when it's done :)

I started with the pattern for the Star Wars quiet book created by Julie Gilrie  You can find her blog post about it here.  I thought it needed a few more pages, so here's my first attempt at designing one of my own.


Here's Han frozen in carbonite.


Here he is unfrozen.


He's happy to be unfrozen!


I have to be a little vain and say that I think it turned out pretty dang cute.  The happy Han under the carbonite just cracks me up.

I did have a little bit of trouble...The main one was that I burned the fabric on the back on the carbonite piece.  I've never actually burned fabric before!  It doesn't looked bad, just a little fuzzy and stiff.  I used some Heat 'n bond to stick the two layers of gray together.  Next time I won't have the heat cranked all the way on high!

Speaking of Heat 'n Bond, that brings me to the next problem.  As you can see in the picture, the felt really pulled around where I stitched Han down.  I've had this problem on other pages.  I think that the next book I do, I'll put a layer of interfacing (probably not Heat 'n Bond, just something with sticky stuff on one side) on the back of each piece to fight that problem.  

The next page I'm working on is "Count the Ewoks".  It's super cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment