Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Wookie is Here!

I finally finished the Wookie page for the Star Wars quiet book!  This page went together really quickly and I have to say that I giggle a little every time I look at it.





I knew I really wanted to do a page involving Chewy.  I mean, what's Star Wars without the walking carpet?  He's such an iconic character, he just had to make an appearance.  At first, though, I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with him.  Quiet books are supposed to (in my mind) utilize some fine motor skill.  

Well, I happen to follow this great embroidery blog called Feeling Stitchy.  They often have tutorials and showcase a lot of fun things that people have embroidered.  I vaguely remembered seeing some cute wookies appliqued in hoops ages ago, so I went in search of them and found them here.  That sparked my brain!  I thought I could do something similar, but but some type of buckle on his belt.  Buckles are good motor skills for little ones, right?  Surprisingly, the design didn't take near as long as I expected (nothing like the Ewok page).  

I know it will be awhile before Rowan can manage the buckle (we just had his second birthday party last week...blog to follow!), but he'll grow in to it!


On a different note....I've been doing a May Photo Challenge over on my Facebook page.  A photo challenge is a list of things to take pictures of, one for each day of the month.  Here's my list:


So far I've really been enjoying it.  It forces me to put my thinking cap on which seems to light a bit of a creative fire inside.  Good stuff!  Plan on seeing more of these ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment