Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

Halloween will be upon us soon! I decided I better get started on Rowan's costume, especially since we'll be in Kansas for two weeks in the middle of the month.

 I really had to rack my brain for a Halloween costume for my little guy this year. He's not quite old enough to really have an idea of what he wants to be, but he's definitely old enough to know what he will (or won't!) wear. Hats are usually a no go, so I'm assuming anything else on face won't fly either. 

He's recently gotten in to the show Dinosaur Train on PBS lately, so I thought perhaps some type of simple dino costume might be fun. Then I ran across this awesome tutorial via Pinterest: http://www.running-w-scissors.com/2011/03/dinosaur-tails.html

 I followed the directions to a 'T' (for once!) and it turned out super cute!



In true toddler form, Rowan was all excited about it for 2 minutes.  He ran around like crazy in the tail, then suddenly it absolutely had to come off.  It hasn't been touched since.  Every time I suggest it, he gets all grumpy.  Now if I wear the tail, it's hilarious!  

Perhaps if I get the rest of the costume done he'll be more excited about it.  I bought a blue hoody and am going to add spikes to it in the same way I added spikes to Rowan's dino towel.  I'd also like to make some dino feet, but I haven't quite figured out how yet.  

I'll give updates as the costume comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment