Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mommy Wars: A New Hope

Hi here! My name is Lisa and I'm writing this entry as I watch my 20 month old son play on his swing set. That says a lot about my life. I live in Southern California with my husband, the nuclear engineer, and my toddler, the invincible wonder. Oh, and my cat who is scared of everything. I'm a stay-at-home, but I prefer the term "domestic engineer". My goal for the new year is to finally open an Etsy shop. Some of my random skills include sewing, embroidery, and scrapbooky type of things. I'm always making little things to fill needs my family has. So I figured, if I need it, maybe someone else does too! (My goal is In opening a store, I decided that a blog might be fun too. There's always a project in progress. Usually two or three for that matter... What a better way to share my craftiness than with a blog! Oh! Random side story about being crafty. You know those e-card things that are all over Pinterest and Facebook and have funny sayings on them? I have a saying for one: I'm so crafty my kid poops glitter. True story. I covered cardboard letters that spell JOY in green glitter for our family Christmas picture:
The day after the pictures were taken, there was green glitter in a diaper. Apparently someone had been tasting my craftiness. So while this blog will be in conjunction with my Etsy store (I'll post the link once it's officially up and running), I'll be posting other things too: projects that I'm working on, things that inspire me, random adventures in mommy-hood, and whatever else comes to mind. Speaking of projects, one of my current projects (and the inspiration for the title of this post) is a Star Wars quiet book for Rowan, my son. I bought pattern here. & here's a link to Julie Girl's original blog post about it. I love Star Wars. Mainly the original trilogy. So the opportunity to make a little kid accessible Star Wars book was just too good to pass up! I'm tweaking the pattern a little and plan on adding a few extra pages. But here's the pages that I've made so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment