Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine Tree

Remember the blog I wrote last month about the Tree of Many Seasons?  Here's my new scene for February!




 I added the black kitty in memory of my cat, Demi, who we lost last month.  He came from the original Create a Critter Cricut cartridge.  However, I tweaked it by leaving off the stripes and adding eye and nose color.  Not sure I'm sold on him.  There's a couple more cat versions I might have to try out...

& the box of chocolates, which is just too cute, came from the Create a Critter 2 Cricut cartridge.



The pink owl has to be one of my favorites from this new cartridge.  She's just perfect for Valentines Day!  Oh, and in case you've made these characters and they don't look quite as sharp, try using the Cricut Markers.  You actually remove the blade and housing from the Cricut machine and replace it with one of these markers.  Then you end up cutting image twice:  Once, with the marker, then once with the blade.  It makes the images much sharper.  I've found this particularly useful when doing large items, but it helps with small ones too!


I'm not sure what I'll do for March.  Usually I would do St. Pat's day, then do Easter in April.  But Easter falls on March 31 this year!  Not sure if I'll split the month in half, or just skip St. Pat's this year.  Will probably depend on how fast time files ;)

I also finished page 6 in my Star Wars quiet book this weekend, so look for another blog post soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment