Monday, February 10, 2014

Craft Room Fix-up #2


As I've been working in my new Pretty Room, I've discovered that my closet was once again sub-par.  Funny how your needs and preferences change over time.  I found myself wanting more baskets to sort my fabric scraps better and more shelf space to just be more organized in general.

The baskets were easy enough, just a quick trip to Wal-Mart to take care of that.  The shelves looked a bit more complex.  Then it hit me:  I had extra shelves stashed in the back of Rowan's closet!  Not long after we moved into our house, my parents came out and helped us finish out the closets in the craft room and Rowan's room (both closets where completely bare).  We bought two Rubbermaid kits, but ended up having a few shelves left over.  I knew they'd come in handy down the road!

So one evening while Rowan was tricycling in the garage while Walt was working on some electrical work out there, I holed myself up the Pretty Room and ripped in to the closet.

Here's the before pic:


Note the old, yucky yellow paint above the closet.  Bleh!  

Here's the after pics:




I ditched that bottom bar and added more shelves which really opened things up.  I also just rearranged things in general.  Now I don't cringe when I open the doors!

I also made one other slight change.


I switched the order of the two boxes on the left and added the white frilly frame around the top one.  It's from IKEA and I had been using it in my living room, but since I redid the main wall in there, a whole bunch of frames opened up!  Not a big change, but adds a fun little pop!

Next up for the room, added the pom fringe to the valance and the lamp!



No comments:

Post a Comment