Sunday, February 16, 2014

Mr. Giraffe's Wild Ride


A few months ago Rowan finally figured out how to ride his tricycle, and now that's about all he wants to do!  In fact, he's gotten so fast that for Christmas Walt got me a Razor scooter so I could keep up with me.


I'm not going to lie, that thing is really fun to ride! 

Now the problem we keep running in to is that Rowan likes to pick up "treasures" on his rides, but neither one of us has any place to keep them.  (By treasures I mean rocks, sticks, and pinecones.)  I decided he needed a basket to put his goodies in.

A least a year ago, I found this pin on Pinterest:







I knew it would come in handy down the road.  So I pulled it out and poured over it.  I decided it would be doable, all I needed to do was tweak the straps for the handle bars.

So yesterday I set out to get started.  Low and behold, I actually had all the supplies all I needed!  So I got busy, and sure enough, I managed to get it done by the end of the day.




I'm really pretty impressed that it works on his little trike!  And I think when he transitions to a bike, we can move it onto that.  The biggest plus, Mr. Giraffe (Rowan's lovey) fits in!


Rowan was one excited little boy when he realized Mr. Giraffe could come along with him now.  

I think I might appliqué Rowan's name in Red across the front.  It needs a little something yet…What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment