Thursday, June 6, 2013

Princess Daisy or My New Apron

As a mom, I do a lot of laundry.  Especially since I use clothe diapers.  & Since I live in San Diego I get to hang the majority of my clothes on the line to dry :)  When we first moved in to our house, I was super excited to get a clothesline set up so I could hang up tons of stuff.

(Please excuse the mess, but you can see line ran from the porch to the jungle gym.)

One thing about my husband that has rubbed off on me is the need for efficiency.  It was killing my back to always be bending down to pick up clothes and clothespins all the way across that long line.  So I decided that a little apron to hold clothespins would speed up the process.


I found a nice pattern for a gardening tool belt in the book You Grow Girl by Gayla Trail.  (As a side note, that pattern was about the only thing book had going for it.)  Of course, as usually happens, I ended up altering the pattern quite a bit.  Instead of making 5 or 6 slim pockets, I just made 2 big ones to hold the clothespins and I totally went my own with the ties.  The author just used strips of bias tape or gross grain ribbon, but I thought it would be too thin.  So I just used some of my extra fabric and make actual ties.  

(Funny story:  Don't ask my two year old to say fabric.  Let's just say it comes out something that rhymes with Bucket, but starts with F!)

For the fabric, the brown stuff is denim left over from when I reupholstered a little rocker for Rowan and then I bought the floral cotton to match.


There I am hanging up diapers.  Something I do about every 2 or 3 days.  If you ever want to know about clothe diapering, let me know and maybe I'll do a post on it.  I LOVE it!  

The apron works like a charm.  & everytime I put it on, Rowan points to me and says, "Princess!  Daisy."  (Something from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I'm guessing.)  & who doesn't want to be called a princess on a regular basis ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment